Youth Development Association (YDA) is a Palestinian civil association, specialized in youth issues. YDA was established in 2003 by a group of Palestinian youth. Its programs focus on: training the young leaders, encouraging the voluntary work and empowering the youth in order to strengthen their role in the Palestinian civil society.
Youth Development Association is officially registered in the Palestinian Ministry of Interior under No. RA/22210/S.
YDA targets childhood and youth sectors from both sexes. It has 37 youth centers in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, mostly present in rural areas.
YDA will work through its various programs and projects, on targeting and developing different social groups among the different sectors of local community, which are as follows:
1- Youth category (18-30 year old).
2- Children category (8-17 year old).
YDA works on the level of the west bank and the Gaza strip, with a focus on the northern areas in the west bank in addition to Gaza strip, which includes the city, the country and the camp.
The Vision of YDA
To build a generation of youth who is capable of making changes in the Palestinian free community, on the basis of justice, democracy and equal opportunities.
Mission of YDA
We are a Palestinian non-governmental youth organization which was established in 2003. It seeks to activate the youth sector by developing and improving the Palestinian youth abilities, strengthening their community participation, and empowering them economically, in addition to opening horizons for cultural and knowledge exchange among youths locally and internationally, in order to be able to contribute effectively to the development process and to complete the desired process of societal change.
Values & Principles of YDA
In its effective attempts to achieve its goals, YDA is dedicated to a set of principles, values and essential beliefs in its operating system, transactions and future orientation which can be summarized as follows:
- Commitment to the Palestinian basic law.
- Commitment to the International Declaration of Human Rights, to the international convention which prevents all kinds of discrimination against women, and to the International Convention of Children’s Rights.
- Working to strengthen values of equality, transparency, justice and equality of opportunities.
- Stimulating the adoption of the voluntary work principle for its important role in sustainable development.
- Relying on the principles of social work action among the team members which is one of the most important pillars for the success of the institutional action.
YDA aims at:
- Building and developing the capacities of children and youth.
- Promoting voluntary work among children and youth.
- Contributing to solving the problems of the unemployed youth.
- Providing Places for children and youth to practice and develop their talents
- Creating youth leaders and building their capacities to lead & protect the Palestinian youth movement’s objectives and to serve the democratic Palestinian society.
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org